May  2019
MTWTFSS
 12345
  • Morning Prayer

    10:00 am

    Coolcarrigan Church and Garden, Coolcarrigan, Coill Dubh, Coolcarrigan, Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland

  • Morning Prayer

    11:30 am

    St Michael & All Angels

6789101112
  • Morning Prayer

    10:00 am

    St. Peter's Church, Donadea

  • Morning Prayer

    11:30 am

    St Michael & All Angels

13141516171819
  • Holy Communion

    10:00 am

    St. Peter's Church, Donadea

  • Holy Communion

    10:00 am

    St. Michael & All Angels Church, Millicent

20212223242526
  • Morning Prayer

    10:00 am

    St. Peter's Church, Donadea

  • Morning Prayer

    11:30 am

    St Michael & All Angels

2728293031 

Sunday Worship

26/05/2019

Morning Prayer

10:00 am

St. Peter's Church, Donadea

Morning Prayer

11:30 am

St Michael & All Angels

Other Services and Events

No events to display.

Hewetson School

hewetson3000x2400

Principal:  Ms. Janet Morgan
Address: Hewetson N.S., Millicent Road, Clane, Co Kildare
Telephone: 045 868233
Email: info@hewetson.ie

A brief history
Dr. Patrick Hewetson of Betaghstown, Clane, an eminent physician died in 1783.   He left his estates in trust with instructions that a school was to be set up.  The first school was set up in 1805, however it closed again shortly afterwards.

It was 1836 before the school reopened.

In 1881 the Manager of the school, Rev. Ambrose Cooke proposed that the school at Betaghstown be closed and its funds transferred to the Church of Ireland parochial school in Clane, Mr. Thomas Cooke-Trench gave a two- acre site for the new school. The school was completed in 1882 at a cost of £1556. The first headmaster was Mr. Edward Leeson.

In 1894, a gym was built beside the school and in 1925 a stage and a ball alley were built. In 1902 Mr. Thomas Cooke-Trench died and in 1903 his wife sold the school site to the school trustees. The lands at Betaghstown were sold to the tenants in 1907.

In 1932 a field was bought behind the school for £50 to provide a football ground – ‘The Hairy Acre’.

During the late Sixties the boarding school was phased out.   The latest extension to the school funded by the Department of Education was opened in 1996.

Mrs. Emily Barber was the first female Principal (1968 -1980).  Mrs. Elizabeth Cody succeeded as Principal and Ms Janet Morgan was appointed in September 2004 on her retirement.

Donate to Clane Union

Millicent Conservation Project